Monstrarium is a very simple massive multiplayer online game. The backend is done on Google App Engine. It is designed to handle tens of thousands simultaneous players. The game will be available to play from all major platforms. We are starting the beta testing with a web client and will then roll to iOS, Android and even Windows Phone. Let us know if you would like to become a tester and to be able to influence the creation of the endless world of cute monsters!
You will be either nice or evil. Your state depends on the type of your character:
- superslow: 6 moves nice, 6 moves evil
- slow: 4 moves nice, 4 moves evil
- fast: 3 moves nice, 3 moves evil
- superfast: 1 move nice, 1 move evil
You can move around one cell at a time. Explore the world.
With every move you earn experience.
The game continues to run whether or not you move. Other players will be making moves.
If you find yourself on the same cell with another monster either you will kill him or he will kill
The outcome depends on three things:
- If you are evil and he is nice you will kill him. And the other way around.
- If you are both evil or both nice, the one with the highest experience will survive. But there
will be a fight and even the winner will lose experience points.
- If you are both evil or both nice and you have equal amount of experience the chance will
determine your fate. The survivor will come out with only 1 experience point.